Who doesn’t love chocolate? But when chocolate becomes a cause for weight gain it has to be avoided. However, you’ll be surprised to know that even chocolate can reduce weight. Dark chocolate taken in moderate quantity can be one of the measures for weight loss.
How can you use dark chocolate for weight loss?
Dark chocolate has low sugar content, and therefore, unlike milk chocolate, it does not store too much of sugar in your body. Furthermore, eating a small piece of dark chocolate 20 minutes before the meal sends a signal to the brain that you are full. Therefore it helps you consume less food, which eventually reduces weight.
Some of the ways you can use dark chocolate for weight loss are as follows:
- Reduce cholesterol: Cocoa present in dark chocolate helps to reduce the level of bad cholesterol in your body and raises the level of good cholesterol. This reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Manage cravings: Since dark chocolate has a little sugar, this helps in satisfying the cravings for something sweet and yet limit the intake of sugar.
- Reduce body fat: The nutrients that exist in dark chocolate cut down the body fat.
- Prevent diabetes: Consumption of dark chocolate improves insulin sensitivity. This will help to delay or prevent diabetes.
- Improve metabolism: Dark chocolate is great at improving your metabolism by synthesizing fatty acid.
- Encourage exercise: The anti-inflammatory elements of dark chocolate help you manage the pain in your body. So, if you intend to skip exercising because of body pain, start having dark chocolate and feel good.
Next time if you think you should not eat chocolate, try to switch to dark chocolate for weight loss and satisfy your craving. If nothing else works, Cypress Family Clinic is there to guide you. For more information on weight loss, call us on 832-786-4652.